- 1/3 cup jackfruit flour
- 2/3 cup idli batter (mixture of 1 part urad dal and 3 parts rice)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tbsp chopped curry leaves
- Salt as required
- Water as required
Method of preparation
To make idli batter
- Soak 1 part urad dal and 3 parts rice separately in water for 2 to 3 hours.
- First grind the urad dal well, then rice by adding water little by little to the batter and grind dal and rice to smooth batters.
- Now mix both the batters well.
To make jackfruit idli
- Add 1/3 cup of jackfruit flour in water to make thick batter.
- In jackfruit batter add 2/3 cup of idli batter and salt.
- Keep the mixture overnight for fermentation to make jackfruit paniyaram.
- Add chopped onion, green chilli, ginger and curry leaves in batter.
- Fill paniyaram maker with batter and cover it.
- Flip once cooked, apply oil and flip again.
- Cook till golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.