- 1 ½ cup Dosa Batter
- ½ cup Jackfruit flour batter
- ½ cup Chopped onion
- ½ cup Chopped tomato
- 1tbsp Chopped green chilli
- 1tbsp Chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
Method of preparation
- Mix dosa batter and jackfruit flour batter in a bowl. Add salt to taste.
- Mix chopped onions, tomatoes, green chili, coriander and salt together in another bowl.
- Heat a griddle or non stick tava. Take 1 ladle of batter and spread it in a circle on the tava. The quantity of batter should be more than normally used for a dosa.
The oothappam should be thick.
- Top the oothappam with the onion, tomato and chilli mixture.
- Add some oil on the sides and top of the oothappam.
- Turn the oothapaam when the base is cooked. Apply some oil on the cooked side.
- The onion tomato side is getting cooked now. Flip when this side also gets cooked.
- When the oothappams are crisp and cooked on both sides, Remove it from tawa
- Serve with hot sambar and coconut chutney.
Trivia : An Indian pancake or an Indian pizza, oothapam is mixture of both where base is made like a pancake and many vegetable topping are added like pizza. It is very popular in all over India