An Indian savoury doughnut shaped vada made of urad dal is most common vada type in south India and most recognisable through out the India.
By adding raw jackfruit flour you can reduce glycemic load* of your meal and increase vegetable fiber in your diet.
- 1/3 cup Jackfruit flour
- 2/3 Urad dal
- 1 or 2 Chopped Curry leaves
- 2 Chopped green chilli
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Water to make the batter
Method of preparation
- Soak the urad dal for 4 hours or overnight.
- Grind the soaked dal with jackfruit flour to a smooth yet thick batter with very little water.
- Add the spices, herbs, onion and salt.
- Heat oil take batter in palm and flatten it make a hole at the center and gently slid the vada in oil.
- The oil should be medium hot to cook vada from inside.
- Fry all the medhu vadas this way till they become evenly browned and crisp.
- Remove medhu vadas on kitchen tissue to remove excess oil and serve it with sambhar and chutney.