For dosa batter
- 2 cups dosa rice
- 1/2cup urad dal (without skin)
For jackfruit dosa
- 1/3 cup jackfruit flour
- 2/3 cup dosa batter
- Salt as required
- Water as required
Method of preparation
To make dosa batter
- Soak 1 part urad dal and 3 parts rice separately in water for 2 to 3 hours.
- First grind the urad dal well, then rice, by adding water little by little to the batter and grind dal and rice to smooth batters.
- Now mix both the batters well.
To make jackfruit dosa
- Add 1/3 cup of jackfruit flour in water to make thick batter.
- In jackfruit batter add 2/3 cup of dosa batter and salt.
- Keep the mixture overnight for fermentation to make jackfruit dosa.
- Heat a non stick tawa and apply some oil on it and pour a ladle of batter in the center.
- Using the back of the ladle, spread the batter in a circular motion and form a perfect circle. Drizzle oil around the dosa. (Plain dosa should not be thick).
- Once the edges starts browning flip and cook other side once the dosa is cooked, reduce the heat, Remove from tawa and serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.
Trivia : Masala dosa was listed as one of the Top 10 food you must eat before you die by Huffington Post in July, 2012.