- 1/3 cup jackfruit flour
- 2/3 cup yellow moong dal
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 green chilly, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
Method of preparation
- Take Jackfruit flour and wheat flour in a bowl. Mix salt in it. Add a bit of water and begin to knead.
- Keep on kneading till the dough becomes pliable and soft.
- After kneading the dough rest it for 15 minutes.
- Make balls of the dough in the palm of your hands.
- Flatten the ball. Sprinkle some Jackfruit flour to the dough ball.
- Pre heat the griddle or tawa.
- While tawa is getting hot, start rolling the dough ball into a flat round circle using a rolling pin.
- Now put the roti on a hot tawa. First cook one side, it should be less than 1/3rd cooked, turn and cook the other side, this should be a little bit more cooked than the first side about ½ cooked.
- Now hold the roti with a tong and keep the first side which was cooked, directly on fire. The roti will start to puff, turn and keep the other side on fire, roti will puff more.