Make Chemba Puttu Podi with Jackfruit365 Flour.
1/3 cup jackfruit flour
2/3 cup puttu flour
1 cup graded coconut
½ tsp salt
Water as required
Method of preparation
To make Puttu flour
Wash and soak puttu rice for 4-5 hours. Wash again and drain the water completely. Spread it on a cloth for 20-25 minutes. Grind when it is slightly wet. Then fry the flour on medium heat until it reaches a sandy consistency. Spread it to cool and then store in an airtight container. This is puttu mavu/puttu rice flour.
To make jackfruit Puttu
- Take jackfruit flour and puttu flour in a bowl. Add a little salt
- Add water little at the time and mix well to get crumbly texture.
- Layer the puttu kutty (cylindrical tube) first with a little grated coconut, then add puttu flour. Repeat the same process until the mould/puttu kutty is full ending it with grated coconut.
- Now fill the pressure cooker with water, cover the cylindrical tube with lid and fix it on the cooker. Keep it on high flame. Once the water start boiling in the cooker, you will see steam escaping from the holes on top of the cylindrical tube, reduce the flame and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- When you get a nice flavor of steamed puttu, switch off, remove the cylindrical tube/puttu kutty from the cooker, open it and gently push the puttu using a wooden ladle.
- Serve with kadla (chickpea) curry and banana.